Big Tree Trail Run - 10 July 2013
Many visitors to the Garden Route want to visit the Big Tree and not many know that there are in fact two of them! The one close to Harkerville and then the not so well-known one in the Woodville forest close to Wilderness. Chain Gang Events have liaised with the owners of the guest farm Beyond the Moon and SANparks to lay on two trail routes (8 km & 12 km) that both include a viewing of the Woodville Big Tree. These trails will form part of a future trail series, so be part of the inaugural group trail runners to enjoy these routes for the first time.
VENUE, DATE and TIME
Venue: Beyond the Moon Guest Farm
Date: Wednesday 10 July 2013
Registration Time: From 2pm till 3:40pm at Venue
Race Start Time: 4pm
DISTANCES AND ENTRY FEES
12km Trail Run - R90
8km Trail Run - R60
First 100 athletes receive a medal.
Trophies for Male and Female winners in both distances.
Race day entries and registration: 10 July @ 2pm - Beyond the Moon Guest Farm
Start & Finish: Beyond the Moon Guest Farm
Prize giving: Race Day 6pm
- Equipment to bring along: Camelback/Hydration pack, race food, headlight, suitable Trailrunning shoes, Space blanket, whistle, bomb bandage. (There will be no check of equipment - you know the importance of these items)
- Race number will be supplied (need to be attached to front of runner), i.e. bring race belt if have one.
- Route have some technical sections (but not severe) and runners must be prepared to get their shoes wet.
- The 12 km route has a significant elevation climb (310m with 25% incline) and runners who feel they are not fit to do this should rather enter the 8 km.
- There are escape routes on both distances and runners that get into trouble will be able to be evacuated easily.
- Routes will be clearly marked with arrows and coloured route markers.
- Medical Support is available.
- SANparks access fee included within entry fee.