Infantry School Cango Marathon 2014
DATE: 22 February 2014
RACES START AT:
Marathon - Cango Caves
Half Marathon/Walk - Old Route (Ou Tol)
Gold: Category winners.
Silver: Marathon—Sub 3 hours
Half Marathon—Sub 84 minutes.
Bronze: All athletes finishing before cut-off time.
Men: 42,2 km - D.P. Wright 02:17:25 (1998)
Women: 42,2 km - T.S. Du Toit 02:38:03 (2004)
Men: 21,1 km - B. Beukes 01:04:17 (1992)
Women: 21,1 km - Z. Xiniwe 01:16:07 (2011)
The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and ASWD.
PRIZE MONEY INCENTIVES
|42,2KM||21,1KM||21,1 KM WALK|
All participants that complete the marathon in the following times, qualify for cash incentives which are as follows:
Incentives will only be paid out to a maximum total of R5000,00.
Vrydag, 21 Februarie
Pretloop en Prethardloop 5KM (R10)
Ete en Drinke
Saterdag, 22 Februarie
Kango Marathon en Halfmarathon 2012
Big Screen Rugby
PRET VIR DIE HELE GESIN
Moet Dit Nie Misloop Nie
NAVRAE: 044 203 4177
082 563 4573
- Foreigners: All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 142 and 4.2. Foreign athletes must be able to produce a letter from their respective federation permitting them to participate on race day.
- Closing date for pre-entries: Wednesday, 13 February 2014.
- NO Late entries will be accepted:
- All participants must collect their race numbers at the Military Base Oudtshoorn Sport ground on Friday, 21 February 2014 between 15:00 and 23:00 or on Saturday 22 February 2014 at the different starting point’s between 04:45 and 05:50.
- 5km Fun Run/Walk on Friday, 21 February 2014 at 18:00, from Military Base Oudtshoorn Sport ground. Lots of lucky draws!!!
- Transport for the marathon to the Cango Caves and half marathon to Ou Tol will leave from Infantry School Parade ground at 04:30 till 05:00.
- OLD ROUTE: The 21,1 km walk and the 21,1 km starts at 06:00 from the Ou Tol house.
- The 42,2 km starts at 06:00 from the Cango Caves . All races will end at the Military Base Oudtshoorn sport ground.
- Every kilometer the route will be marked.
- Refreshments every 3 km, last 10 km—every 2nd km.
- 42,2 km cut-off time 11:00 * 21,1 km cut off time 09:00 * 21,1 km walk cut off time 10:00
- Price giving at 11:30 at Mil Base Oudtshoorn sport ground.
- T-shirts to the first 50 pre-entries on the Full Marathon, the first 50 on the Half Marathon and the first 50 on the Walk.
- No advertising on clothes. No cyclist or private vehicles will be allowed to follow athletes on the route. No seconding will be allowed, accept for 1m on either side of water stations. All athletes must stay on the right hand side of the road.
- ID Tag Rule (An athlete is not eligible for a prize in more than one category, i.e. an athlete is only eligible for a prize in the age category applicable to him / her or the younger category chosen by him / her provided he / she is wearing the relevant age category ID tag.
- Grand Masters doesn’t pay an entry fee, but must pay for temporary license.
- Safety Rule (No animals or prams or earphones)
- First Aid (Available at start points and along route by Military ambulances.
- Minimum Age (21.1km = 16 years & 42.2km = 20 years)
- Athletes must participate in their correct club colours and display the ASA 2014 OR Temporary license number on the BACK of the vest. The race number must be on the FRONT of the vest.
- Held under the rules of ASA and ASWD. All competitors must comply with the rules, regulations and instructions given by officials, marshals and traffic officials. Non-compliance may lead to disqualification. The Race Referee’s decision is final. The Race Organizer reserve the right to accept / reject any entry received.
- Proof of Age: Athletes must give proof of their age at the request of the Race Referee. (Original ID / Birth Certificate / Permanent Residence Permit)
- Ablution at the different start points and at the end point (military sports fields).
The Race Organiser:
Cell phone: 082 563 4573(office hours)
Telephone: (044) 2034177 (office hours)
Facsimile: (044) 203 4177