Moore Stephens George Berry Mountain Bike Relay
The race is limited to 200 riders. Enter online to guarantee your space.
Entries will be accepted on race day on a first come first serve basis until a cap of 200 riders has been reached.
Race Day Registration
Register at the sports registration table at the entrance to the Nestle Ice Cream Strawberry Festival. Riders receive free entry to the festival and a goodie bag.
Please be aware that there are tariffs to enter the festival which are applicable for any family and friends spectating and not riding.
- Teams must register all of their riders at registration between 9am - 12pm on race day. Riders are not allowed to be added once the race starts.
- To have your laps/points count toward your team total, you must be registered as part of a team.
- All relay team members must use the same team name in registration. The team members should preferably register together.
- Different teams cannot use the same name. If there are a few teams participating from your club/company, make sure that each team has a different name - this can be as simple as adding a number to the end of each team’s name. i.e Moore Stephens 1, Moore Stephens 2
- Teams consist of one, two or four (+) members.
- Riders may do a few laps just for fun or compete to see if he/she can do the most laps in the fastest time over the two and a half hour period.
- Each lap is worth one point.
- If a rider has a mechanical, he/she has to complete the lap on foot.
- Do not roll/ride around in front of the lap arch where the laps are counted - lap penalties will be deducted from your total.
- Team members may complete as many laps as they want before swopping out with the next team member.
- Teams may start their last lap up until the clock hits 2:30:00 after the start. As long as the previous rider crosses the transition line at 2:29:59 (elapsed time) the next team member in registration order may race a final lap.
- Relay transitions have to take place in the official RELAY HUB only. This area will be well marked and the transitions will be explained prior to the race start. No transitions are allowed outside of the relay hub area.
- No rider is allowed to go against the traffic. Once the rider exits the Relay Hub he has to complete the lap in the same direction. A team will be disqualified if a team member goes against the traffic.
- Riders can wear any type of outfit (nudity and offensive clothing excluded).
- Themed riders are encouraged and spot prizes will be awarded to the most fun and original outfits on the day.
- Helmets are compulsory and bikes must be roadworthy.
Prizes are allocated according to the most points.
There are prizes for first Solo Male/Female, first 2-Man team and first 4(+)-Team.
The Nitty Gritty
- The race director’s decision is final in relation to all race queries.
- Don’t litter. If you’re caught littering, your team will be disqualified. Yes, the top of a gel pack counts as littering.
- Please don’t interfere with the results people while they are working during the race or after the race when tabulating the final results.
Nestle Ice Cream Strawberry Festival
Entrance fees for non-riders
R25 on Saturday | R35 on Sunday | Children under age 12 are R15 both days
Dates & Times
Saturday 27 September 9am - 5pm | Sunday 28 September 9am - 4pm
Redberry Farm | Geelhoutboom Road (off the R404), Blanco, George
View more information about the Nestle Ice Cream Strawberry festival at www.strawberryfestival.co.za
Please be aware that there are road works on the R404 and the bridge by Fancourt in Blanco is closed. Drivers need to drive to Redberry Farm from the George airport direction.