Kingfisher MTB & Trailrun 2017 Challenge
On the weekend of the 17 & 18 March 2017 the 16th edition of the very popular Kingfisher MTB Marathon and Trail Run will take place. This is the Hoekwil Primary School annual fund-raiser and one of the best MTB rides and Trail Runs to do in the Garden Route. Lots of big prizes and lucky draws to be won.
One of the major changes that will take place this year is that the Start of both the Trail Run and the MTB routes will be at Bergplaas (and not at the Hoekwil Primary School as in the past) and the Finish at the school as usual. This will allow the route director to create more exciting route options within the forest and no tarred sections. The routes via the Oakhurts Farm have also been extended since last year and will provide for even more variety.
The race is registered with the SA Cycling Federation and all results will be send to SA Seeding to be updated and to assist riders that want a preferred seeding in high profile races. If you’re looking for that special race that will test your levels of fitness as well as your sense of adventure, come join us.
There will be 4 MTB distances namely a 10km (Fun Ride), 20km , 40km and the 70km on the Saturday and two Trail runs of 8km and 16km on the Friday. On the Saturday, there will also be a kids 3km fun ride.
On top of all the Sport Events, there will also be a Friday Night Market, Food & Drink Stalls, Live Entertainment, Beer Tent, Kids Corner, Baby Sitting service.
Online Entries: Open 25 November 2016 at 08:00
Hoekwil Primary School (Friday only)
(GPS: Latitude 33°97'24.48"S / Longitude 22°62'01.72"E)
- - Friday: 17 March 2017 from 14:00 - 16:00 for Trail Run registration. (Last shuttle to Start Location leaves at 16:00)
- - Friday: 17 March 2017 from 14:00 - 18:00 for MTB registration.
Woodville Cafe - Bergplaas
(GPS: Latitude 33°56'9.40"S / Longitude 22°40'15.06"E)
- -Saturday: 18 March 2017 from 06:00 till 40 minutes before the race.
- - 16km Trail Run (R180 - incl. shuttle service) - 16:30 pm Friday (17 March 2017) - Minimum Age: 16
- - 8km Trail Run (R120 - incl. shuttle service) - 16:45 pm Friday (17 March 2017) - No Minimum Age
- - 70km MTB (R220) - Saturday 08:00 am Saturday (18 March 2017) - Minimum Age: 19
- - 40km MTB (R175) - Saturday 08:15 am Saturday (18 March 2017) - Minimum Age: 15
- - 20km MTB (R120) - Saturday 08:30 am Saturday (18 March 2017) - Minimum Age: 11
- - 10km MTB Fun Ride (R70) - Saturday 08:30 am Saturday (18 March 2017) - All ages (younger than 9 needs to be accompanied by an adult cyclist)
- - Optional shuttle service for MTB cyclists vehicles, from Bergplaas to Hoekwil Primary @ R50/vehicle
Race Categories for Eden Marathon Championships. (Required Event next to category - if not interested in Championships, please see minimum age for each distance)
Age as on 31 December 2017
- Nipper Boys & Girls (9-10) - 10km
- Sprog Boys & Girls (11-12) - 20km
- Sub Junior Boys & Girls (13 - 14) - 20km
- Youth Men & Youth Women(15-16) - 40km
- Junior Men & Women (17-18) - 40km
- Elite Men and Women (19+) - 70km
- U23 Men - 70km
- Masters categories Men and Women
- Sub Vet Men and Women (30-39) - 70km
- Vet Men and Women (40-49) - 70km
- Master Men (70km) and Women (40km) (50-59)
- Grand Master Men and Women (60+) - 40km
Race cut-off: 12h30 cut-off time for all participants on 70km MTB route at last water table.
Time of prize-giving: 13h00
Prize money: Cash Prizes as follow:
- 70km (Male & Female): 1st R1500
- 40km (Male & Female): 1st R800
- 20km (Male & Female): 1st R500
Hamper prizes for 2nd & 3rd place winners. Lots of Lucky draw prizes as well.
Medals: Each cyclists and trail runner taking part will receive a medal on completion race.
Goody bags for the first 150 online entries received for the 40km & 70km MTB events and first 50 online entries for either of the Trail Run distances.
ACCOMMODATION FOR KINGFISHER MTB & TRAIL RUN
7 Passes Tented Camp
Beyond the Moon
Hildesheim Guest House
Libertas Guest Farm
Cell: 082 929 1381
Cell: 082 461 7669
Activities & Stalls
email@example.com / 044 877 0103
MTB Race Director
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0716787147