Kingfisher MTB & Trailrun 2018 Challenge
On 17 March 2018 the 17th edition of the very popular Kingfisher MTB Marathon and Trail Run will take place.
One of the major changes that will take place this year is that the Start/Finish for both the Trail Run and the MTB routes will be at Island Lake picnic area. This is to try and avoid the multiple stop-and-go traffic areas that are currently in place on the roads in and around Hoekwil.
The MTB race is registered with the SA Cycling Federation and all results will be send to SA Seeding to be updated and to assist riders who wants a preferred seeding in high profile races. If you’re looking for that special race that will test your levels of fitness as well as your sense of adventure, come join us.
There will be 4 MTB distances namely a 18km (Fun Ride), 30km, 60km and the 80km on the Saturday and two Trail runs of 8km and 12km also on the Saturday.
Please note that there is a Reduced SANparks access fee of R25/person payable to enter the SANParks Island Lake Venue and thus the reason for NO increase from the Kingfisher 2017-entry fee.
Sportsman Warehouse (Wednesday 14 March 2018 only)
(Shop 2, Eden Meander Lifestyle Centre, Cnr of Knysna Road and N2, George - Map)
- Wednesday: 14 March 2018 from 14:00 - 19:00
Island Lake Picnic area (Saturday 17 March 2018)
(GPS: Latitude S 33°59.394 / Longitude E 22°37.929 - Map)
- Saturday: 17 March 2018 from 06:00 till 40 minutes before the race.
- 80km MTB (R220) - Saturday 07:45 am Saturday (17 March 2018) - Minimum Age: 19 - Route Map & Elevation
- 60km MTB (R175) - Saturday 07:45 am Saturday (17 March 2018) - Minimum Age: 15 - Route Map & Elevation
- 30km MTB (R120) - Saturday 08:15 am Saturday (17 March 2018) - Minimum Age: 13 - Route Map & Elevation
- 18km MTB Fun Ride (R70) - Saturday 08:30 am Saturday (17 March 2018) - Minimum Age: 8 - Route Map & Elevation
- 12km Trail Run (R150) - 16:00 pm Saturday (17 March 2018) - Minimum Age: 16 - Route Map & Elevation
- 8km Trail Run (R100) - 16:00 pm Saturday (17 March 2018) - Minimum Age: 8 - Route Map & Elevation
Race Categories for Eden Marathon Championships. (Required Event next to category - if not interested in Championships, please see minimum age for each distance
Age as on 31 December 2018
Juniors (MTB Categories)
- Nipper Boys & Girls (9-10) - 18km
- Sprog Boys & Girls (11-12) - 18km
- Sub Junior Boys & Girls (13 - 14) - 30km
- Youth Men & Youth Women(15-16) - 60km
- Junior Men & Women (17-18) - 60km
Seniors (MTB Categories)
- Elite Men and Women (19+) - 70km
- U23 Men - 70km
- Masters categories Men and Women
- Sub Vet Men and Women (30-39) - 80km
- Vet Men and Women (40-49) - 80km
- Master Men (70km) and Women (60km) (50-59)
- Grand Master Men and Women (60+) - 60km
Race cut-off: 12h30 cut-off time for all participants on 80km MTB route at last water table.
Time of prize-giving for MTB event: 13h00
Prize money: Total Prize Fund of R8200
Medals: Each cyclist and trail runner taking part will receive a medal on completion of race.
ACCOMMODATION FOR KINGFISHER MTB & TRAIL RUN
7 Passes Tented Camp
Beyond the Moon
Hildesheim Guest House
Libertas Guest Farm
Cell: 082 929 1381
Cell: 082 461 7669
MTB Race Director
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0716787147