SPUR Eden MTB Schools League Series 2018
Event Description: Cross Country Format, also referred to as XCO. This is the format used at the Olympics, i.e. lap racing. The laps are approximately 4km & 6km long, taking the top guys 13 to 15 min per lap. This is in accordance with the International standards as set by the UCI.
Date of Events:
|19 May 2018||Southern Cape #1||Klipheuwel MTB Park (Klein Brak River)|
|28 July 2018||Southern Cape #2||Oakhill School (Knysna)|
|18 August 2018||Southern Cape #3||Oakhill School (Knysna)|
|15 Sept 2018||Southern Cape - Final||Montessori School (Knysna)|
Event Duration: 6 hours
Race Fee: High School Riders - R120 / Primary School Riders - R90
Southern Cape #1 - Enter Online
Southern Cape #2 - Enter Online
Southern Cape #3 - Enter Online
Southern Cape Final - Enter Online
Please Note: Only online entries accepted - online entry portal for a specific event will close on Thursday prior to the Saturday of an event.
Age as on 31 December 2018
- Sub Nipper Boys & Girls (7-8) - DOB 2010-2011
- Nipper Boys & Girls (9-10) - DOB 2008-2009
- Sprog Boys & Girls (11-12) - DOB 2006-2007
- Sub Junior Boys & Girls (13 - primary school) - DOB 2005
- Sub Junior Boys & Girls (14 - high school) - DOB 2004
- Youth Men & Youth Women(15-16) - DOB 2002-2003
- Junior men & women (17-18) - DOB 2000-2001
- Points shall be awarded to the top 25 positions in the following order starting from 1st position: 35, 32, 30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2
- Every finisher from position 26 onwards will receive one point.
- For events with less than 50 starters points will be allocated to top 10 positions in the following order starting from 1st position: 15, 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2
- Every finisher from position 11 onwards will receive one point.
- Combined points of all six riders of a school team will determine the school positions
- The Eden Primary School Team winners will attend the Western Cape Semi-Finals on 16th September 2017 at Paul Roos Gimnasium (Stellenbosch).
- The Eden Secondary School Team winners will attend the National Final on 4/5th October 2018 at Bekker School (Magalliesburg).
Prizes: For top finishers
Medals: Each cyclist taking part will receive a medal on completion of at least one lap.
Online Entries: Online Entries will be open on 7 May 2018 on www.chaingangevents.co.za (All online entrants will be seeded according to 1st: Last year results 2nd: order of online entry)
Route Distance: 1 - 6 km laps
Contact Details: Juan Botes email@example.com / 071 678 7147
Race Rules: The Rules and Regulations for the SPUR Eden MTB Schools League Series (pdf)
Team Managers Guide: Guidelines for team managers (pdf)